Mist Coat using No Nonsense Trade Contract Matt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

we have fresh new skimmed walls, they are dry and today i went about using No Nonsense Trade Contract Matt (screwfix own brand) as a mist coat, ive done 1 coat so far and watered it down slightly, rolled on and cut in with a brush

will this be enough to seal the plaster? i intend to use 2 coats of my desired coloured paint

having just read the tub it says to use 2 coats on fresh plaster and not to water down, but if needs be up to 10% water.

so a bit wary now, what do you guys think?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Its a bit strange saying not to water it down. The whole point of a mist coat is that the extra water you put into the paint sorts the thirsty porosity of the plaster. It could be that the screw fix stuff is very thin but if you fail to water down the initial mist coat the plaster will draw in the water from the paint and cause it to be crispy. If the coat you've applied seems to be well adhered there is no need for a second coat. I've bumped Mr H's post so you have some reading.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back