Mist coat

Sponsored Links
Look at it this way where you have cut in the paint is thin where you have stopped the roller the paint is thicker, so although perhaps it may feel smooth in actual fact it is not.

Looking at the pic does not allow me to gauge the differing textures and that is why I advised you to sand, if the difference in textures is deep enough they will show through future coats of paint, so sanding is an advisory measure.

Looking again at that first pic points me in the direction that you are stopping the roller then removing it from the wall, if I have got that correct then this could be part of your problem. You should remove the roller whilst it is still spinning.

Dec

i have checked to where the roller meets the cutting in and there is no edge What im really worried about is that there is to much paint on there for my mistcoat and that if i do the final coatings in my desired colour that a few weeks/months down the line it might all start flaking/peeling off which has happened to a small few on this forum

thanks lee

How you continue is up to you, if you have applied your mist coat slightly thicker than you should have it is as I said not a cardinal sin, sanding is an advisory measure if you choose not to do it then that also is your choice.

Dec

Sponsored Links
How you continue is up to you, if you have applied your mist coat slightly thicker than you should have it is as I said not a cardinal sin, sanding is an advisory measure if you choose not to do it then that also is your choice.

Dec

thanks for all advice its much appreciate i think i will give it a quick rub down and a thinner mistcoat on top will this still soak through and into the plaster over what i have already applied?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back