Mitre Saw - buying advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been looking at mitre saws - far too many models to decide. I wanted to get some advice on what people think and which one should I go for.

I am looking to spend around the £250 mark - I have looked at the Metabo KGS 254M which I can get at £210. I don't know how good it is (anyone?)

I was also looking at the Bosch GCM 8SJ but that is only an 8" blade, when I have read that it is better to go for a 10" blade. It is also nearly £100 more.

I am not sure which Makita, Hitachi or Dewalt if any. Could anyone suggest? Or would they go for the Metabo?

Sponsored Links
I just did a google, and yes it looks a versatile machine, there will be a manufacturers guarantee, so I would not hesitate too long.

Wotan

ive got the bosch,lovely piece of kit.but you have to ask yourself what do you want out of the machine.
ive had mine about a year now and it does everything i want it to do,i had an elu for about 16 years before that got retired,the bosch is far superior.

Sponsored Links
I just want something for some general use around the house, nothing too fancy, I am not a tradesman. Require that it be able to cut wood mainly so I can refurbish a few things and lay a walnut floor.

if you want to cut much above 6" wide then you need a "slider"
if you choose one with a "trenching" facility you can easily do tenons and half lap joints
i have the dewalt dw712 "slider" i paid £378 around 5 years ago never let me down although the shop on humberside went into and out off admistration so wont say because i dont know there present track record
this is just a google search example at £300
http://www.buyaparcel.com/pageview.php?page=show_product&ecommerce_stockcode=DW712-GB_BLADE

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back