Mitre Saw difference

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was looking to getting a mitre saw, not quite decided on which one. I am trying to ascertain the difference between a couple of models but I am unable to see any differences other than the cut depth and angle and also the look of the two machines.

Models: Metabo KGS 216M and the KGS 216 Plus

Anyone know what the differences are? (other than price and those mentioned)

Sponsored Links
The main difference between these models is that the KGS216M bevels only one way whilst the KGS216 Plus is a double bevel model. Double bevel saws are quicker is use and a tad more accurate for doing jobs like skirting boards because there is no need to turn the material over to do a right end bevel. It is unusual to find an 8in SCMS with a double bevel facility, so that model is probably aimed at the trade market. The Plus also has Metabo's new (and much improved) dust extraction system and at 21kg is about 1-1/2 times the weight of the "M" model, as well as having 100 watts more motor power (1600 vs 1500 watts), although I doubt that makes much difference in the real world

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back