mitre saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of get a mitre saw and circular saw for a number of projects. There is a mitre saw on offer at the moment but it is not sliding with a Max cut of 120mm.

Thinking ahead, we will be fitting a new engineered wood floor, but they are 145mm across. Would I be able to do two cuts with the mitre saw to achieve this, use the circular saw, or need to buy a sliding mitre saw? I'm expecting only straight cuts.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
providing the guard will allow it and you have clearance under the motor
if you take a bit off 12mm ply the size off the saw bed and firmly fix with strong double sided tape this will reduce the depth off cut by 12mm but because your close to the bottom off the blade where its nearer to vertical than horizontal you will get around 25mm more cutting width +or-5mm
you can try it out by cutting a small off cut off 12mm
unplug the saw drop the blade to full plunge
lay the wood against the blade draw a pencil line to the front edge
or hook a measuring tape over the wood against the fence and check the length

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back