mitreing courses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
has anyone attended a "mitreing"course? are they any good and how much do they cost?
What would you recommend as the best mitre jig and best router?

Sponsored Links
I've seen router courses but can't recall seeing one just for mitres.
If you can already use a router I would suggest getting hold of some worktop and practice, the jigs come with instructions. My local Wickes has damaged tops at £10 for a 3mtr. length, a couple of them has got to be cheaper than a course.

My own choices for tools, I use the big Dewalt or the Makita, I prefere the feel of the Makita but the Dewalt does them a touch easier.
Whatever make you go for, you want one rated a min. of 1750 watts and industrial qualaty and 1/2in collet.

The jig can be purchased at a tool shop, Howdens ( if you know somebody in the trade).

If you have never used a router the choice is yours but if for any reason you can't get on with it, theres a fair bit of dosh wasted and remember like all power tools they can be pretty dangerous, if you don't know what you are doing.

Good luck

what about a 30mm guide bush and a half inch cutter and a pair of cramps
not forgetting the all important pencil and a millimetre extra
hold on a minute im sure i could do this with my eyes shut

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back