Mitsubishi carisma year 2000-Not revving cant drive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
my car starts fine but when i step on the accelerator, nothing happens. the pedal goes down alright but the engine does not respond. it just idles.

can someone tell me what the problem might be.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it a GDi engine
I know Mitsi also use fly by wire thottle earlier than some so I would check
A is the throttle a cable drive one if so is the cable still intact
B if it is drive by wire the faults could be a accelerator switch fault, wiring or even a thottle body but general these give poor idle rather than complete failure.
The spindle in the side becomes unglued in the magnet drive

thanks stuartturbo. yes its a GDi and its a cable drive. when i step on the accelerator pedal now , there is no rev immediately. it takes a while after i have taken my foot off the pedal to start reving, then the engine dies. there is no problem starting the engine.

Odd i thought it was drive by wire the part number would be EAC60-003 from memory. But first I would try giving the throttle body a good clean as these where know for "coke-ing" up If you search that number it will give you an idea what to look for.
On the GDI engine a good Italian tune up works wonders every once in a while and high octane full once in a while

Sponsored Links
thanks. do you know where the transmission fluid is located in the car. someone suggested checking the transmission fluid but the mechanic cant find it. before you say what kind of mechanic is that ?? let me say we are in a third world country doing some charity work and this is our only car.

we changed plugs and the mechanic did some cleaning ect and we managed to start and drive the car to his workshop yesterday. we went back to the car today and now it wont start. if it starts , it shakes a lot and go off.

just completely confused now. :confused:

hi all,
sorry but still require help. now we can start this car first thing in the morning or whenever engine is cold. however once the engine gets hot, it will cut our and wont start untill it cools down.

any ideas will be much appreciated.
thanks

Back