festia engine rev`s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I just got an N reg Fiesta and i find that the throttle "sticks" when i stop and when i change gears . The pedal isnt down, but it carries on revving like it is.
the pedal goes back normal, but engine rev`s high for few mins before it die`s down to idle and wen driving the engine run`s fast, i can take foot of gas and car will run at bout 30mph, i have 1300 quartz
I dont know wot the sensor look`s like can any 1 help point it out

Sponsored Links
is the car multi point injection or single point? if it has the round airfilter on top of the engine instead of a square one to the side it will be single point and it sounds like the butterfly is sticking where the throttle cable connects to the manifold, take the air filter off and spray wd40 on it until it frees off and check the return spring is there and working

its a single point,i have had filter off and the cable is free, and butterfly returns no problem,nothing is sticking as far as i can see

Sponsored Links
sounds more like ignition timing to me, all the idle air valve does is allow air to bypass the butterfly on over run

have you messed about with the distributor recently?

no i've not messed with anything, all was fine ,and one day the problm started,it dies down after about 40 sec`s when at lights,but run`s very fast when driving and changing gear
Thanks for the help

some 1 else said this could be the problem

this fault is caused buy the TPS thottle position sensor voltage to high when the thottle is closed. When closed the centre wire of the TPS with ign on and engine not running must not be over 0.07volts The sensor is on the side of the thottle butterfly. it is held on with two screews.You may need to remove the sensor and elongate the holes to ajust the voltage re fit the TPS and with a voltmeter probe the centre wire. With the sensor loosely fitted turn untill the voltage is between 0.05-0.07volts. When the voltage is over 0.07v with closed throttle the ecu will think the thottle is open and inject tomuch fuel causing you're fault.DO NOT JUST FIT A NEW SENSOR ase the voltage can only be changed buy elongating the holes and turning the sensor

But as i have no clue about this, can any 1 tell me where this is on my car as i cant sen to find something fitted with 2 screws

This sounds like your problem but i thought you had a different engine to this, i have some pictures but can't upload them on to here
The tps is on the inlet manifold, follow the air filter pipe to throttle body and there should be a connector near the throttle cable or near the butterly

Subject/Concern: Engine idle hang up during gear changes
Model: Ka built from 09.1996 (build code TL) and Fiesta built from 08.1995 to 09.2001 (build codes ST to 1C) with 1.3L Endura‐E engine

Summary
Should a customer express concern about engine idle hang up during gear changes, the probable cause is a corrupt throttle position sensor (TPS) signal due to poor electrical contact at the electrical connector. This concern should be rectified by installing a new TP sensor wiring loom and connector.

Parts Required:
TP sensor connector and wire assembly 1 150 138
Heat shrink sleeving (as required) Locally Procured
Insulation tape (as required) Locally Procured

Labour Times:
TP Sensor connector and wire assembly - Remove and Install 0.6 hours

Production Action
A revised engine loom with 1 mm wire for the TPS connector has been implemented in production since 09.2001 (build code 1C).

Removal
Note:

1. Disconnect the battery ground cable.

2. Disconnect the TP sensor electrical connector.

3. Remove TP sensor wires from wiring protection.

Note:
Use a pin to gain access for the multi-meter on the engine wiring loom.
Note:
Mark each correctly identified wire with suitable tape.
4. Carry out a continuity check, to locate the correct wires, between the TPS connector (C114) pins and the engine wiring loom, using the following as a guideline:
• Pin 1 (BK) to yellow wire.
• Pin 2 (BK) to white wire (2 in the loom).
• Pin 3 (BN) to brown red wire (2 in the loom).
5. Using a sharp knife, cut the three engine wiring loom wires.

6. Remove and discard the old TPS connector.
1.Using a sharp knife, cut the three wires.
2.Insulate the ends using suitable tape.
3.Install wires back into protective sheath.

Installation
All Vehicles

7. Install new wiring loom TP sensor connector (see Parts Required).
• Trim 6 mm of insulation from each wire.
• Install heat shrink sleeving (see Parts Required) to each wire.
• Solder each joint (3 per wire).
• Position heat shrink sleeving over each joint and apply heat using a hot air gun with suitable nozzle.adaptor.
• Bind the joints with insulating tape (see Parts Required).

8. Install wires into wiring protection.
• Tape wiring protection so that no wires are exposed.

9. Disconnect and reconnect the engine loom electrical connector to check for cleanliness.

i have n reg 1299cc quartz with oval air filter on it?i got the reply from some other fourm and put it on here to see if it would help you to help me, thanks for getting back to me,i will look tomoz if if i can find it and get back 2 you,many thanks

Sponsored Links
Back