Mixer shower broken.. what to do!?

12 Mar 2011
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hello everyone. We currently have a very old mixer shower in our bathroom that has been running fine for some time now.

Yesterday it decided it didn't want to turn off. I took it apart and can see that its the part called 'plunger plate' but the parts for these showers are now not available.. and i don't think i can find one from another shower unit? i would not know where to start looking.

Here is the shower.


So i have been looking for a cheap replacement shower as we cannot do with turning the valves on every time we want to shower.

I looked at showers like these that have the 150mm pipe spacing such as



however, the pipes come down the wall and into the left and right side of the mixer and its the mixer that is secured into the wall.. these all look like the pipes go in the back where the brackets are to hold it on also.

Any ideas?

I also saw these


but it would require making adjustments to the pipework which we really wanted to avoid money wise! I assume if we had to go for these then we would have to adjust the pipe and hope that the new shower mixer unit such as


would fit onto the brackets inplace of the ones it comes with.
Sponsored Links
Hi, is there any chance you still have that old supamix shower unit you replaced some years ago. I would buy the temperature control ring of you if you still had it . Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links