mixer shower help for a newbie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there i am a newbie to the site, pretty good with most diy for a female, but just need a bit of advice. i am refitting a shower room and am fitting a mixer shower on to my combi boiler, the question i have is, do i need to run 22mm supply to the shower or is 15mm sufficient, main reason i am asking is where the pipes are going into the shower valve these seem like large diameter more like a 22mm or 1" fitting. any ideas guys advice greatly appreciated. :D

Sponsored Links
15 mm will be sufficient.
You should have some fittings that come with the shower which probably screw onto compression female iron fittings.

Have a look and post back your findings. :D

no there was no fittings in them, i thought 15mm was ok, but these connections threw me a bit, i will get some 1" x 22mm fittings and then stick some reducers on them.

cheers for the advice though, i will be glad when its done. sick of bathrooms now have just refitted the main one, new steel bath, vanity basin, tiling, floor etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back