Installing shower mixer valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing bath with shower with hidden mixer valve. Combi boiler gives power shower effect through existing bath mixer unit and all mains and hot water pipes are 15mm. Connection to new mixer is via 3/4 ports - can only find 3/4 to 22m fittings so seem to need to reduce from 22mm pipe to 15mm at some point. Are there any tips, ie really short stubs of 22m pipe or join closer to boiler in 22mm or are there in fact fittings that are direct reducers straight to the mixer and I've just not found them? Obviously what I'm concerned with is maintaining as much pressure as possible. Mixer unit is good quality and suitable for combi boilers.

Sponsored Links
you can get 3/4 mi to 15mm fittings, try not to use any 22mm pipe as it just wastes water and does not improve the pressure.

Easy.

Get yourself a 15mm compression X 1/2'' BSP male Straight Adaptor (part no. 7611)

or

a 15mm compression X 1/2'' BSP male Elbow Adaptor (part no. 7625)

And screw on a 3/4'' inch bush (part no. 7733) to beef up the 1/2'' end.

All available from
http://www.bes.co.uk/products/146.asp

Search by part nos. or see page 161.

(all above fittings are chrome plated, they sell plain brass too)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back