Mixer shower not hot, cartridge or not??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening , could anybody point me in the right direction of how to resolve a cold mixer shower.

Its Showerforce kit, I have 2 in the house, 1 is never used and is red hot works as it should and the other is used every day by 3 people and runs warm only, or did till I messed about with it and now runs cold only! They have been installed when the house was refurbed before I bought it and have been in for 5 years, just out of warranty no doubt now.

Not sure if it has a thermostatic cartidge, if so how the heck do you get it out!!

See pics for any indication of make and model. The far right pic has an M4 in the end for ease of turning the selector. I have tried the builder/plumber for info but to be fair it was 5 years ago.

Any help advice or exploded diagram would help. i think I have moved the valve thus not letting any hot through at all now. My plan was to swap the one that is working's cartridge for the non working one. But not sure if it is even a removable thermostatic valve?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Sponsored Links
Yes it is, sorry for the delay been offline, BT prob.

I think i have managed to turn the cartridge/valve so that the hot water inlet is now blocked as all I get is cold water.

I dont actually know how I did this, other than removing circlip and turning the dial until it went loose, now you can push it in with your fingers and pull out to put the circlip on.

The working one has no play in it when circlip is removed. Spoke to a plumber/builder and he says I need to keep adjusting it back until I get hot water? Tried it don't work.

Can I remove the cartridge by undoing the 'cartridge sealing lock ring' (water off 1st!) or should i be able to adjust somehow?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Help!Wasted another few hours on this now, I cannot remove the thermostatic cartridge. Found installation instructions on Showerforce website ' remove black plastic ring and unscrew cartridge'.

BS, I cant shift it! I am now thinking blocked filter in the hot pipe, that will be fun as the tiler has left a slot just for the valves.

I have reassembled now, temp valve at same settings as working shower ready for the Plumbers visit if required.

Anymore info please on showerforce SF904t, now obselete, and a b**ch to maintain.

Thanks

Andy

After reading more threads my update is:

Cannot remove the cartridge and I am conviced this must be a plain mixer? :confused:

I have now bit the bullet and checked the hot inlet filter, yep there was some limescale and crap, cleaned it out ,proved hot water through it, which should clear any air lock as well I presume?

I reconnected with fingers crossed but to no avail :evil:
Now have to patch up the landing wall as could not access from the front because of the tiling.

The hot plastic pipework & brass gland is not hot or warm at all? I assume the plastic piping does not become hot to touch like copper, but the gland nut should be hot/warm surely?

Could the NRV be stuck, broke, knackered?? Not even a hint of warm when I adjust the heat setting with the black plastic washer thing.

Any advise please at a loss now other than knackered NRV on hot inlet or mixer not mixing. But it did work before I messed with it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back