shower mixer valve

hi does shower go hot when heating is on.and also can you reduce cold supply to shower with an iso valve as cold controls temp.

Sponsored Links
hi all, for some strange reason if i turn the hot tap on at the side of the shower cubical and leave it running the water coming out of the shower mixer valve is hot, i can only think it being the thermostat cartridge in the mixer being in u/s, because with this happening i now know the boiler is ok and that there is no blockage to the mixer valve via the hot water supply, so can somebody tell me what to remove from the cartridge so that i can have a supply of hot water running through the mixer, i know that removing the thermostat that the hot water isn`t controlled but with a bit of practice i can regulate it with the cold to prevent getting scalded, i have in the past removed some bits from another cartridge which was installed but i think i removed not enough bits because it made no difference ,cheers, mick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back