worcester 350 combi hot water fault (shower)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, new to site, i have a meynell 8/3 mixer thermostate control shower running off the combi but the hot water just trickles out of the shower head if at all, i`ve replaced the cartridge in the mixer a couple of times and adjusted the temperature on it but still only a trickle if i`m lucky sometimes it might deside to work but you have to be quick to shower before it goes off again to a trickle,there does seem to be enough pressure for the sink taps and hotness but not my shower, i had british gas round to service the boiler and the engingneer said all is o.k, so you see my problem, myself i think it`s a pressure problem at the boiler my wife says i should listen to the gas engingneer but i think he his wrong, all replies wellcomed, cheers mick :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
If you're getting hot at the taps I'd be inclined to think it's a problem with the shower or plumbing to the shower. Are the hot and cold connected to the shower valve correctly?

Mike

hi mike, thanks for the speedy reply, yes the pipes are all connected correctly the shower was installed 11 years ago, the only thing i`ve been touching in all that time is the cartridge valve (about 3 in all in the 11 years), it`s just this time on replacing the valve it`s making no difference to the problem, i`ve even removed the thermostate and run the shower without it and still the problem, thats what making me think it`s the boiler in some way, cheers mick

Sponsored Links
There may be filters on the inlet to the shower. Check for blockages.

Mike

how hot does the water get when it comes on??

The shower may be stopping the hot as it is too hot. and not switching back on???

hi all, thanks for all the replys, i`m just wondering if instead of turning the shower control straight to the hot position i just turn it on slightly, then turning it slowly to hot, the thinking in this is maybe the thermostate is shutting off too soon :?: will try this in the morning, cheers mick

sounds daft but try running cold basin tap whilst you`ve got the shower on, what happens! :confused:

hi diy, thats doesn`t sound funny because if i run the hot tap and keep it running while having a shower the shower does stay hot, cheers mick

That seems to indicate a blockage in the pipework or shower itself. Either the flow rate is too low to activate the flow switch on the boiler or it's activating but running so slow that the water is too hot and the thermostat cartridge is shutting to prevent scalding.

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back