Mixer shower temp adjustment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Can anyone advise how I can adjust the ratio of hot:cold water on my mixer shower. Not sure what make it is but picture below of the thermostat control

thanks

Attachments

• BB1F0D95-4B59-49E9-825B-290D9FF86EF8.jpeg
    BB1F0D95-4B59-49E9-825B-290D9FF86EF8.jpeg
    237.3 KB · Views: 177
Sponsored Links
If it's a thermostatic it would adjust automatically based on the incoming water temperatures. What problem are you seeing?

If it's a thermostatic it would adjust automatically based on the incoming water temperatures. What problem are you seeing?

Just doesn’t seem to be getting hot enough. I thought these can be adjusted by moving something internal?

Just doesn’t seem to be getting hot enough. I thought these can be adjusted by moving something internal?

Sometimes they can, but you’d need the manual for that specific shower. If it’s installed in a situation where it’s not supposed to go over a certain temperature, eg a care home then be careful as you would be held liable for any alteration, unless a disclaimer is signed.

Sponsored Links
Sometimes they can, but you’d need the manual for that specific shower. If it’s installed in a situation where it’s not supposed to go over a certain temperature, eg a care home then be careful as you would be held liable for any alteration, unless a disclaimer is signed.

It’s in a private residence.
I’ve done it anyway, had another look yesterday and removed a plastic stop block which allows the thermostat knob to rotate more towards hot.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
You wouldn't normally remove the stop, you'd just move it around the spindle so it will go hotter and use a thermometer to calibrate it, it's meant to be there as an anti scalding control.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back