Mixer showers on two floors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have just had an en suite bathroom built in my attic conversion with a mixer shower running off my combi boiler. I am now about to tackle my main bathroom which has had two electric showers break down. I think the mains cable is the wrong voltage as it looks burnt! Will it be ok to have two mixer showers running from the combi boiler or should I get the elecrics sorted out and have another electric shower.
Thanks to anyone that can help.

Sponsored Links
you can have another mixer but doubt you'll be running them together.
your combi probably won't give enough hot water flow to run two.

as in the electric shower is handy for when the boiler may break down you still have a hot shower.

As seco said, an electric shower would be good backup should your boiler break down. You MUST get that wiring checked out by a qualified electrician though. A shower takes a lot of current, if the cable is too 'thin' it will get hot, and could possibly melt and/or start a fire.

Showers need their own dedicated supply from the consumer unit (fusebox) and a thick enough cable to handle the electricity requirements. If unsure, a definate job for a electrician really, you have water and electricity (a lot of it), in close proximity, a dangerous mix if not done correctly.

Sponsored Links
I would go for the two mixers off the combi especially as its your main bathroom with the electric shower at the moment, why put up with the crappy performance of an electric shower because your boiler might break down once in five years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back