Mixer showers.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. looking for a mixer shower to run off a gravity system, no pump. what sort of features should i be looking for? is there any noteable difference between the exposecd valve showers and the bar mixers? Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
>is there any noteable difference between the exposecd valve showers and the bar mixers?

not in performance.

>looking for a mixer shower to run off a gravity system, no pump.

most will run on gravity pressure but will not give a good powerful shower

if you don't want a pump it will need to get as much distance as you can between shower head and your cws tank in loft.
if your loft is just above your bathroom that will give you about 1m between tank and shower head which is 0.1 bar.
so for every metre you can get is 0.1bar, so to get any power you need a lot of distance from your tank to shower head ,which can't be obtain in your loft space thats why you have to fit a pump.

you can always fit a trevi boost shower which uses mains cold water pressure to pull the gravity hot water through, giving you a good shower with out a pump.

or fit one of the wireless digital showers that has all the pump and mixing valve in one box that can be placed under bath in loft or airing cupboard and take half the time to install.

Thanks for the reply. will be replacing existing clapped out shower so i suppose the distances from tank to shower are o.k existing shower has given good performance over sixten years. have looked at screwfix web site and was baffled by the different types. manual mixer, thermostatic mixer and the prices! i realise that you get what you pay for but you can get a triton bar mixer for eighty notes whereas an exposed valve triton can cost £150.00. may be moving next year so don't want to go too daft with the money.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back