Mixer tap handle stuck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I'm trying to remove this tap handle to see why it's dripping. I've located and removed the grub screw, should the handle now pull straight off? Have put some wd40 on and tried prising it off but it won't budge. Any ideas?

IMG_20210807_090332.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I've located and removed the grub screw, should the handle now pull straight off?

Yes, it should do. Probably stuck with limescale.

Try making a loop with strong string, hooking that on the handle, hooking an hammer head through the loop, then yanking the hammer up as if tapping against the loop of string.

If it’s that hot one, it does look limescaled. As per Jeff, new cartridge, failing that, new tap.

Sponsored Links
Get an electric soldering iron and hold it onto the sleeve of the handle for a little while then try to pull it off but use gloves as it will be hot I’ve done this on stiff handles so as not to cause discolouration on the chrome plating when reassembling use silicon grease to get it off next time. Bob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back