mk circuit breakers

11 Jul 2006
Reaction score
United Kingdom
ive fitted my new consumer unit , mk sentry split load board .
i require a 63 A mcb for heating supply , mk site only shows them up to 50 A .
does anybody know of another brand which is compatable with this board ???
Sponsored Links
The best thing to do first of all would be to consult MK technical to ensure these boards are designed to take such a large outgoing way.
Out of curiosity: what are you installing that's going to be using 63A? :eek:
Sponsored Links
Even at 230VAC that's only about 52A.

Can you add a second enclosure with a dedicated breaker?
i know the current but mk dont make any thing above 50A and thats a bit close to running current for my liking
im using a hager 63A mcb at the moment thats what the installation engineers fitted into my old clipsal board .
Oh yes, I remember now, the heating engineers... :eek:

I think it's safe to assume that since MK do not make 63A MCB's they wouldn't recommend you using one. Get the separate enclosure as posted above and be done with it, but don't forget about other factors like volt drop, and the derating factors of the cables. 12kW is a lot and it's important to be sure that the correct cable was used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links