Mobile phone help advice needed..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right then..im looking for a new phone, ive been on a couple of sites..orange are doing a 15 quid deal 100 minutes unlimited texts with the Samsung u800 thrown in

'3' are doing a Nokia 6500 slide 300 mix and match calls/texts..again for 15 quid..ive never dealt with '3' so they are a bit of an unknown..

Now..ive checked out both phones on review sites..it sems that hlaf the people on one sight say the Nokia is rubbish and rckon the screen goes funny and it freezes all the time..the other half reckon its the best phone they have had

Same goes for the Samsung...mixed reaction..some praising it some saying its no good and commenting on the poor sound when its on speaker phone..apparently common with Samsungs???

So...whats the word?...anyone familiar with these phones and can offer an opinion?

Cheers

And before you ask...yes we do have mobile phones in Wales!

Sponsored Links
And before you ask...yes we do have mobile phones in Wales!

FFS don't tell every one, they will now be phoning us and trying to sell us carp. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously stay away from Sony Ericson's new phones. they are useless.

:LOL:

Yeh....ive rowed them out completely, everyone i I know has said the electrics and the key pads go up the creek.

This is a tough choice because the Nokia might not be brilliant coverage where I live..that said..we have a home phone anyway.

I just get the feeling whatever one of the two I decide on im going to end up with that ' wish id listened and bought the other phone' feeling.... :confused:

I've always bought Nokia's. Heard they had problems with screen faults but only ever had one go faulty. That's an old 3410 that has only recently gone wrong...

My current handset though is a SE K800i. Bl**dy good.

Sponsored Links
Are you currently on a contract? If so, phone your current provider. I was on 300/300 txt/min for £25/month.

I was "upgraded" to:

1000min / unlim txt, free phone, free home broadband, £25/month. :D

I was well chuffed :LOL:

No..im on an old Orange tariff they dont do anymore...bought the phone outright..just pay for the calls I make every month

Its a brilliant tariff..so good Orange stopped doing it because they were not making much money out of it

There no 'free' minutes' no 'free' texts or any monthly charge..I just pay for the calls I make...3 pence of peak 8.5 peak

As long as I make one call or text every 6 months they cant close the deal.

So...why does he want a contract I hear you ask.......

Well..the current phone I have with it is finally ready to meet its maker..battery not holding a charge etc

I have had it 3 years...so I cant complain

I only want a cheap contract because my average monthly bill now is between 12 and 17 quid.

Depends also on what sort of features you might want to use

I have the N95, best phone I have used and I have had a few!

5 mega pixel camera is brilliant, 16g memory card so holds more music than most MP3 players! Just look for the features you will use

I pay £30 per month for mine with T-Mobile and that is unlimited everything, been with them for years so always get a good deal

He wants the best £15 deal, so do i, 02 has a good en, but they have told me lies, and it's a long process too complain!

Apparently 3 use the O2 network..so they cant be too bad

I dont need a camera..but they are standard these days..not interested in MP3's...and I spend more than enough time on the net at home..

Cant be bothered with games either

However, I like a phone to look nice and be comfortable in the hand...as for sound..I cant stand anything tinny...im a but mutton so sound quality for ringing and on speakerphone it important too.

As long as I make one call or text every 6 months they cant close the deal.

So...why does he want a contract I hear you ask.......

Well..the current phone I have with it is finally ready to meet its maker..battery not holding a charge etc

So why not buy a new battery from ebay? I have for boith mine and the wife's phone as the old Nokias are magic!

...ive checked out both phones on review sites..it seems that half the people on one sight say the Nokia is rubbish and reckon the screen goes funny and it freezes all the time..the other half reckon its the best phone they have had

Same goes for the Samsung...mixed reaction..some praising it some saying its no good and commenting on the poor sound when its on speaker phone..apparently common with Samsungs???

Going on that information I would avoid both models.

I like Nokia, I've had several handsets which have all been fine, but I won't have a flipper or a slider. Too fiddly for me and IMO probably more likely to go wrong.

If I were you I would carefully weigh up what a cheap contract will end up costing because it will be more expensive if you exceed the minutes allowance. You may be better off keeping your existing contract and sim and buying another PAYG handset on Orange network to use with it.

Agree with Blondini, retain your existing contract and buy a payg phone, downside is you also have to buy £20 of credit with it. Have a used Nokia communicators for years, bulky and fairly indestructable and used to have real time fax facility send/receive. Just got a Nokia N95 8gb as upgarde, after 2 days sent it back, lot of problems with software and battery life was poor. Also reckon I'd bust it within 6 months, very fragile.

What do you want mobile phones for in Wales???? You've got sheep!!

Sponsored Links
Back