Mobile Phone Recyclers

C

cabot

What's your experience of mobile phone recyclers who claim to give you ££££££££££££ for that old mobile phone.I sent off an immaculate Sony Eriksson Z750i to a company and was promised a poor £15.The phone was in immaculate condition and was duly dispatched in their pre paid jiffy bag.Imagine my disgust this morning to find that i received a cheque for the grand sum of ONE POUND......never again..i think i have been taken for a mug and just wanted to warn you folks out there of this despicable trade.

Sponsored Links
i think we already knew that, no one bothers.

look at it this way, what are they going to do with an old mobile? they may get a few quid for its parts, but how are they going to get the phone? they have to pay for advertising, postage, twice (to send you an enmvelope and the return postage), it doesn't leave much does it

Well we had quite the opposite experience. We sent two distinctly average condition phones off and got £42. I'll definitely use them again. (Envirophone)

Just checked with Envirophone to see what they would give for my old Nokia 3310 - 24 pence!

Not much demand for these models then.

Sponsored Links
Oh, dunno, just got £105 for my Nokia N95. S**t phone, and they're welcome to it.

I sent two pretty expensive PDA type handsets to envirophone after they'd given me quite an impressive online quote.

Both were in perfect working order, but 3 weeks after I sent them I got an e-mail from envirophone saying that one was damaged and the other wouldn't power up. They offered me a fiver each for them.

I told them where to go and insisted they send the handsets back. It me took another month and threats of legal action to get them back. When they finally arrived, I found that the one they claimed wouldn't power up was absolutely fine once I'd charged it for an hour or so, and the one they claimed was damaged had a HUGE scratch on the touchscreen which definitely wasn't there when I sent it.

The scratch can't have happened in transit as it was one of these:-
exec.jpg
and it was sent folded so the screen was protected.

I sent a Sony Ericsson Cyber Shot to envirophone, got a decent price for a shoddy phone so i was happy :LOL:

Maybe they only try to rip people off on more expensive handsets.

My experience does sound almost exactly the same as cabot's

Shipments of mobile phones make their way around Europe, travelling from one company to another. Each time a transaction is made, i.e. the phones are sold on, there is a claim back for the v.a.t.

The phones never actually reach a final destination and are probably worthless, but an invoice is an invoice. It is known as the 'vat carousel' and costs the country millions.

Maybe this is where all the duff phones end up....?

I sold a Smasung u800 to envirophone..the phone was about 12 months old but I had 68 quid for it..enough to buy a sim free nokia 6300 (good phone poor sound quality on the ringtones)

Good company to deal with IMO

Sponsored Links
Back