Mobile Phone Unlocking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a very odd problem. I bought a Nokia 2310 from CPW a year or so ago.

The handset itself was not branded externally, but it came in a Virgin-branded box & has the Virgin logo on screen on startup.

I applied on line to unlock the handset. I have used the firm before to successfully unlock other Nokia handsets. The code did not work.

I ring CPW and they tell me the handset is locked to Virgin. I ring Virgin & they tell me that the handset is not a Virgin handset and therefore cannot issue an unlock code.

I look online & discover the reason the code I applied for failed is because the 2310 is one of those handsets that can only be unlocked by a code generated by the company it is locked to.

I am confused! Anyone else hit this problem?

Sponsored Links
Can't: I've tried generated unlock codes and they don't work.

I've since learnt that 2310 cannot be unlocked except via cable/software...

Maybe cheaper to buy an unlocked handset from CPW.

Sponsored Links
secures, I don't know about where you live but up here in Newcastle we have these vendors with stalls in Shopping Malls. There are a few with Mobile Phone type goods but they also unlock phones for about a fiver I think. They have the cable and their laptop on the stand so they do it while you wait. Just thought I'd mention it as an option if you have these types of vendor down your way.

Take it down your local market.

There is an asian guy on a phone stall - they will do it.

Sponsored Links
Back