Mobiles in hospitals

An article I read the other day stated that mobiles were banned IN SOME HOSPITALS because the company that runs the phone and TV viewing for patients has it written into their contract.

The standard national contract with Patientline did not preclude the use of mobiles and most hospitals adopted this ... A few daft ones didn't though :LOL:

Many hospitals now allow mobile phones in most areas and only generally prohibit their use in critical care areas (ICU/HDU) and on childrens wards (for privacy reasons i.e. to stop people taking photos).

My local hospital has very clear red/green phone signs identifying where it is okay to use a mobile and has a policy on appriopriate use i.e. how to stop them becoming a nuisance ... There are a lot of sick people around after all ;)

Whether its a good or bad thing is another issue, however, and only time will tell I guess.

At least it helps to stop the money grabbing Patientline from ripping people off ... Don't these companies realise that volume is the answer not high call charges ... Make the costs competetive and everyone will use their service, charge 26p per minute and everyone will use their mobile

Sponsored Links
Back