Chargers running very slow in new house...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've just recently moved into a new house. I've made another post about some of the other electrical related stuff. This one though is something I've never come across or read about, but maybe someone can explain it....

Usually our mobile phones take about 1 - 1.5 hours to charge, but here they are taking 4 - 5 hours. The electric toothbrush likewise. In fact anything that needs charging. Other than that, electrical items seem to work fine, although the lights do dim briefly when you switch on the vacuum, etc.

But this charging thing has got me confused. Anyone any ideas?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
In the main when phones, tablets etc. take a long time to charge it is the leads. There are resistors which tell the phone or charge outlet how to hand shake on charge rate, default is 0.5A and if the hand shaking shows the device can take more then it can charge much faster. I have a volt/amp meter which shows how much the device is charging at. Some how we had some leads which would only allow a 0.5 amp charge rate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back