Bathroom mirror and toothbrush charger

Yes, you can have Switched FCUs outside zone 2.
(and unswitched ones in zone 2 although I know that would defeat your object)

Also, there are no zones created by a basin.
Thank you for confirming
Great point about the basin, my mirror came with instructions that indicated 60cm diameter from the basin tap as zone 3 but I didn’t think this was aligned with regs. Then watched a YouTube from JW (excellent videos) who explained that this confusion came form lighting industry advisories related to IP ratings near the sink and somehow the idea of zone 3 for basins stuck. I think that’s the history. Thank you for confirming !

Sponsored Links
Yes, you can have Switched FCUs outside zone 2.
(and unswitched ones in zone 2 although I know that would defeat your object)

Also, there are no zones created by a basin.
Thank you for confirming
Great point about the basin, my mirror came with instructions that indicated 60cm diameter from the basin tap as zone 3 but I didn’t think this was aligned with regs. Then watched a YouTube from JW (excellent videos) who explained that this confusion came form lighting industry advisories related to IP ratings near the sink and somehow the idea of zone 3 for basins stuck. I think that’s the history. Thank you for confirming !

I'd put an isolation point for the cabinet/toothbrush charger in the loft and also have an isolator for the fan up there too. I hope your fan has a run on / timer so it continues to extract the steam in winter?
Yes it has a timer. annoyingly it’s on a pull cord and we used to forget if we switched it off, we had no indicator so we would return a little later to see if the delay timer had run out and switched it off. Or realise we still need to pull the cord to the off position.

Sponsored Links
Rubbish. Once again helpful information. The OP even thanked me.

Don’t you think people should be corrected when they are wrong?
That is not my issue with you. All you seem to do is criticise or correct posters. What they want is practical help or suggestions on how to solve their problem. They don’t care if their spelling of widget doesn’t confirm to the Laws of Winston.

It is not your job to have an issue with me or anyone else.
It's not my "job". I just say what I feel about your non-value. It's a free country, and this is the Internet.
If you think that my comments break the rules of the forum then, please, feel free to report my sins.

Hey guys, OP here. It's all cool, I really appreciate the advice from everyone, all inputs taken onboard. Thank you
That's good of you to thank people. I think what some of us posters want is to help people without scarring them into thinking they're "stupid" just because they don't use the 100% correct terminology.

EG:

Fuse board rather than consumer unit with built in MCBs

FSU instead of FCU (fused connection unit)

Light Bulb rather than Lamp

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back