en suite toothbrush charger/holder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can I check the following as I cant get an electrician at the moment;
I have a old electric shaver unit and next to a light above mirror in ensuite I am refurbing.
They are both still live and take power from lighting circuit,
If I purchase a new backlite mirror and electric charging toothbrush holder then I am assuming as I am taking this off a lighting circuit which is protected at the CU then this should be good to go, until I can get it tested

Sponsored Links
Yes. Some people fit an isolation switch in the loft or a suitable location for maintenance.

IMO an isolation switch should be visible and easily accessible.

Above the bathroom door is a very good position.

Ok no problem i will put one one into the loft, thanks for the reply

Sponsored Links
When I retro fitted a toilet fan in a downstairs extension with a flat roof, I had limited access. But I fitted a plasterboard backbox in the ceiling and an isolator in that.

The fan was ceiling to soffit and I had to remove the fascia to get access.
If you have a loft space you could ceiling mount the switch

As it's not a regulation requirement, you can put it anywhere you like within the regulations for a switch in a bathroom.

Probably next to the mirror - if you wanted.

That's great plenty of room in the loft.
While your on this thread, I have removed all copper pipe (apart from small join to towel radiator from wall) I assume I can remove the earthing wire completely and dont need to reinstate , all pipes are entering the ensuite as plastic

I have removed all copper pipe (apart from small join to towel radiator from wall) I assume I can remove the earthing wire completely and dont need to reinstate , all pipes are entering the ensuite as plastic
If that is the case then - yes.

[QUOTE="chivers67, post: 4583715, member: 111015" Some people fit an isolation switch in the loft or a suitable location for maintenance.[/QUOTE]

Most people don't as on the rare occasions maintenance is needed the circuit can be switched off at the CU. No one puts isolation switches any where else in the lighting circuit in case a ceiling rose needs maintenance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back