modena 80e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
only me agian!
ive been looking around the web now and i have found 2 people with the same problem, they both have said it was the gas valve, not opening to let more and less gas through, thats way the boiler keeps shutting off, does this seem right ,

:D

Sponsored Links
I think that you will need to give a full description of your problem.

Gas valve setings need to be adjusted by someone competent to work with gas, normally CORGI registered.

Tony

it would be better if you kept all of your posts together instead of starting a new topic each time, that way people would know what you were talking about and you would probably get more replies.

greenn424 said:
only me agian!
ive been looking around the web now and i have found 2 people with the same problem, they both have said it was the gas valve, not opening to let more and less gas through, thats way the boiler keeps shutting off, does this seem right ,

Funny enough I have been fighting with one of these today and likewise the gas valve was faulty, solenoid went live but valve wouldnt open at all.
I replaced it and the new valve opened, burner lit but then went out.
Thermistors ok for a change. Tweaked the pots on the pcb, checked flame sensing bits, APS and that the right flue ring was fitted. Still no joy.
Threw a PCB at it sorted the pressures out and away she went. £350ish in parts later.
Just thought you should know what you could be letting yourself in for.

Enjoy
:evil:

Sponsored Links
greenn424 said:
only me agian!

Sounds more like the modureg on the gas valve but you would need to check the thermistors and the voltage delivered by the pcb to confirm it.

cheers, ive had somone check the pressures and change the senors, got a new gas valve and PCB comming 2mz, just to let the others know, Ch comes on goes off comes on goes off, same as the hot water,

nick

FWIW....
My last 'engagement' with a Modena 80 included replacing both sensors (wired in series and sold in pairs - with reason) and the PCB.

There seems to be a problem with the resistance-bridge or whatever circuit on the PCB which compares with the value coming back from the thermisters.

The most common fault after the sensors on these is the electrodes btw imho, then the gas valve (early ones anyway, think there is a temperature on the sticker 0 deg ones are ok, 5 deg ones problematic)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back