Molly Monobloc Kitchen Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a "Molly" kitchen tap - nice tap, but the hot water outlet sprays badly. The cold water outlet is good - water exits via a number of small holes, but the hot water exits via one central hole. Is my tap missing a component or do I have to buy another tap?

Sponsored Links
Googled the 'Molly' tap, seem to be several types under that name. If its anything like my mixer though, (I have cold on central hole, hot on outside), the pressure on the cold is high and it will spray everywhere if you're not used to it! (Kitchen window behind sink is testament to that....)

Before condemning the tap, I'd check for any limescale buildup that may be affecting the outlet. If not and the hot pressure is too high then I would suggest fitting an isovalve in the hot supply to the tap, (if not one there already) and turn the supply off slightly to lower the flow rate at the tap. See if this makes any difference, (Isovalve always useful in future for shutting off supply if maintenance is required.)

Hi Hugh - thanks for the reply. It's actually a brand new tap and not a flow rate problem - if anything, the flow might be too low - I read that flexible hoses can limit the pressure too much? Anyway, I phoned the manufacturer and they will send me a new spout. The guy said that sometimes the inner pipe gets kinked, causing the spraying problem. I'll see how that goes before replumbing and/or buying a different tap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back