Monarch Midi water softener

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Every time the softener has regenerated air/gas is present in the cold water supply to the taps. The nearest is the cloakroom which is adjacent.

The 15mm pipe is the first tee off, vertically for about 150mm from the 22mm horizontal softener outlet pipe. This 15mm pipe then bends 90deg thro wall then rises up to cloakroom lever combo tap.

If you're the unlucky one to open the cold tap the morning after the regen cycle a mixture of pressurised water/air or gas blasts out and you get soaked.

I have spoken to Monarch about this in the past and again today without any help from them except "we'll send an engineer out which will cost you although parts free for five yrs."

Had the softener for 3yrs now and it's always done this.

Does anyone know what are the products of the resin cylinder and saline regeneration?

Is a gas one of the products? If so, which one? Monarch won't talk to me about this!

Or, as suggested by Monarch, "the air comes from the mains water or is the result of air getting into the system when the unit installed" - 3yrs ago?????

Can I fit an auto vent which will cure this once I'm happy the gas in not toxic?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back