MONDEO 2002 TDCi engine problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Just had brand new injectors replaced in my 130bhp TDCi... to be told now that the problem looks like a possible bent con rod! Solution... a replacement engine. Anyone else had this problem or am I just so very unlucky?

Thanks

Paul Leonard

Sponsored Links
Just an observation from an amateur. In my experience, con rods don't normally get bent, especially the very stiff types fitted to diesel engines so, have you recently had camshaft problems or a recent belt change?? A good garage should be able to accurately determine if one piston's TDC is different from the rest.
As asked by another contributor, what are the symptoms which lead to you being "advised" that a con rod is bent? Either way, the remedy is likely to be expensive so I should have thought that obtaining some more accurate information should be the next step.

Sponsored Links
The only time I ever had bent con rods on a car was during some flooding back in 1999, water went into the engine of my Peugeot 106 1.5 diesel via the air intake, this cause a hydrolic lock in the cylinder, which in turn bent the con rods (as the car was still moving and in gear).

The car was written off by the insurance as a replacement engine was the only viable resolution.

Back