Mondeo bonnet release

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do you open the bonnet when the release mechanism does not work?

I don't think the cable has snapped i can hear the latch mechanism moving.

Sponsored Links
problem solved.

It apears that the release was working ok. the bonnet seams to have stuck some how. a little bit of oil on the latch and it all works smoothly again.

I had prob with fuel filler cap, Had to jam up the release lever (had to use my wallet, lucky it was loaded) & prise it open.

Sponsored Links
Having read a few posts on the above and those for the Ford Focus where as similar problem can occur we decided to follow the advise of just cutting a small hole behind the swivelling Ford Badge with a Dremmel type drill cutter and were relieved that this gave access to the two headless bolts without the need to wreck the whole grill.....bolts were drilled out and the lock taken off and the bonnet opened by inserting a cross head screw driver blade in place of the linkage mechanism and simply turning it left then right as you would have done with the key....job sorted and no cost involved.....we now keep an old cross head screw driver in the glove box and will do without the lock. The Ford Badge swivels back to cover the hole we made......easy!!! No skinned knuckles trying to work from underneath against the radiator and probably just 20 mins of work as of course drilling the bolts out is a slow process.....

Back