mondeo coolant problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
93 mondeo 2.0 a problem has just developed where when i start up the temp guage seems to climb rapidly! the fann kicks in needle drops slowly , while this is going on the coolant is bubbling back into the exp. tank soon filling it to the brim! coolant level has always been fine before, when engine switched off coolant drops to normal level, any help much appreciated on this. even though temp drops fan runs on for ages with engine running thanks again!

Sponsored Links
thanks for replying lads, havent replaced thermostat but that will be my next task, spark123 thanks for the brilliant photos and explanations of how to do the job, i am just about mechanically competent so those photos will be invaluable! pity the Haynes manual couldnt be as clear and easy to follow, would you recommend always using kosher Ford parts? are the parts from motor shops not the best? once again many thanks for the help, will post back to let you know how i got on.

Sponsored Links
Personally for the likes of a thermostat I'd just get one from the local motor factors. Just make sure it is the correct temperature one.

Back