Money can't buy me love

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's a very sad world we live in when Sir Paul McCartney and his wife are
facing divorce and all anyone seems to want to do is make jokes about her false leg.
Personally, I think it's prosthetic.

News reports have confirmed that Paul McCartney has separated from his wife
Heather Mills-McCartney. Mrs Mills-McCartney is said to be distraught over
the split. "He has been my crutch for so long"! She said in an earlier
briefing, "I have no idea why this has happened, I'm really stumped"

"She's running around in circles", according to a close friend, "she will
need all the support she can get. It's not like its easy to walk out on a
relationship like this"

After his break up with Heather, Paul was asked if he would ever consider
going down on one knee again. Paul said he would prefer it if we called her
Heather.

It is not known whether a pre-nuptial agreement was signed prior to the
marriage. Paul McCartney is one of the richest men in the world, and if an
agreement has been signed it is believed that she won't have a leg to stand
on.

Rumours abound over the split which have suggested that infidelity may have
been the cause. "She's terrible" a source stated, "always trying to get her
leg over".

Another source has suggested that her battle with alcoholism was the cause.
"Macca couldn't handle it anymore" a friend said, "he would get home at
night and find her legless"

Many have attributed this to a problem which started with the present that
Paul bought her prior to the wedding. He gave her a new prosthetic leg for
Christmas but that was just a stocking-filler.

A miner in Africa has an accident and loses a leg. He says to his mate "I'm
f---ed, who will want a one legged gold digger?" His mate says "try Paul
McCartney"

Finally a poem by Sir Paul McCartney:
I lay upon a grassy bank
My hands were all a quiver
I slowly removed her suspender belt and her leg fell in the river

These jokes are funny but lets spare a thought for Paul please. Now she has
left him, he's going to struggle to find another woman who can fill her
shoe.

Sponsored Links
gcol said:
It's a very sad world we live in
I'm afraid money is the root of all evil.
when Sir Paul McCartney and his wife are facing divorce
Like all divorce, it can be very nasty. No one really knows what Paul and Heather are like.
My opinion of Paul's who is going to be the first ever pop star to be a billionaire who seems to be very mean and forget who has put him there. £100,000,000,000 you could never ever spend it and what is the point of having it?, Bill Gate and Chris Evans and so on always give most of their money away, Paul doesn't, does that make him mean and ruthless?
all anyone seems to want to do is making jokes about her false leg.
People who make joke about any disability are usually the one that are weak themselves or unhappy blocking out their own problems

I too suffer because of my deafness, I have to hide it and you cannot see my hearing aids and my speech threshold which I've been told is very good, the reason I have to hide it, is because I'm sick and tired of people making jokes against my deafness.

For the record, I didn't write that. Just posted it in the same way it was e-mailed to me.

Sorry to hear about your hearing problem masona. (No pun intended)
Thinking about it (and this is just my opinion here) there's two types of disabilities - ones that we are born with and ones that occur due to accident or illness. It seems that, disabilities caused by accident seem as though they are more readily poked fun at. I have a friend that I went to school with that was born without a his left forearm - he was very sensitive about it too. A teacher once asked him "what happened to your arm?"
he said "I was born this way".
Teacher replied "oh i'm sorry, i didn't realise."

It seems as though birth disabilities are (for want of a better word) pitied more than disability due to accident (especially if it was self inflicted).

How bad is your hearing masona? Has it always been like that? I'm interested in why you feel the need to hide your hearing aids. As far as I'm concerned, if your eyes are bad, you wear glasses. If you can't hear, you wear a hearing aid. I can understand you wanting to hide the hearing aids so that you're not advertising the fact that you have bad hearing (in the same way that people wear contacts), but if you hide them to stop people making fun then that must be blo*dy annoying for you.
Is it friends or strangers that are poking fun?

While we're onto disabilities, I have had severe HF deafness since birth.

I also had what (in the 60's) was known as "slight spasticity" (and no, I wasn't bendy...), Now I find I have historic hydracephalus, have had an ICP bolt fitted, have diplopia and a Testosterone deficiency, and now have a suspected case of Myasthenia Gravis.

But I'm not complaining! Just that I've got to 40, and suddenly my body is self-destructing all around me... :LOL:

There's always going to be others in the world worse off.

Sponsored Links
Sorry for the delay, the Bt Broadband was playing up!

gcol said:
How bad is your hearing masona? Has it always been like that?
Born profound deafness, :cry:

Click onto the audiogram picture

Hearing level,
Normal 0-20dB
Mild 20-40dB
Moderate 40-70dB
Severe 70-90dB
Profound 90dB +

earim6.png

The left & the right L are called LDL (Loud Discomfort Level) where the sounds hurts your ears which is over-sensitive. This is called Recruitment which is too near my hearing level therefore my hearing aids need a lots of amplification in order to hear but must not go higher than a few dB louder than Loud Discomfort Level, sadly my hearing recruitment went haywire after my kidney operation last June. I've been told the kidney and the ear nerve are connected, I'm off-sick at the moment because I'm hearing too many sounds too fast because of the more damaged nerve cells in the inner ears. I've been told I most likely have a rare medical condition called Hyperacusis & Recruitment. There is only 5 Hyperacusis centre in the world that understand this and I'm going in next week to be tested. On top of all this I have Tinnitus!
I'm interested in why you feel the need to hide your hearing aids.
I suppose it started when I was young, my parents never understood my deafness and really didn't help me as they were given poor advice in them days. Deaf people do have very sensitive feeling and can get hurt very easily and once people see your hearing aids they will shout at you, some of them treat you like an idiot and think you're stupid and at the same time we must boost our confident with normal hearing people who haven't got time for you. Since then I have hidden my deafness, people now treat me normal :!:
As far as I'm concerned, if your eyes are bad, you wear glasses. If you can't hear, you wear a hearing aid.
Glasses will make you see again but hearing aids doesn't restore your hearing, it only boost the deafness louder so in theory I'm still deaf with the hearing aids because I cannot hear any 'S' 'F' 'SH' 'TH' sounds and yet at the same time I have to pronounce the word that I cannot hear, now work that one out, not easy if someone said to you "pardon, what did you say?" Is it because the person wasn't listening or didn't I say it correctly?
Is it friends or strangers that are poking fun?
Boths but friends do it in a light hearted way and most of them making out they can't hear you, you get bored with the same old jokes, why do deaf people need reminding that they are deaf?

Anyway what has this got to do with Paul McCartney? :LOL:

Am I reading it right that it's hertz across the x axis? So they test what decibel you can hear certain frequencies at? If that's right, you are in a bad way aren't you. :eek:
I can't begin to imagine what it's like. :( I'm just listening to some music now and thinking what it must be like to go through life not being able to listen (mind you it's Paul Simon so you're not missing much).
Keep us informed how you go on next week, or just e-mail me if you don't wanna post it.

"Anyway what has this got to do with Paul McCartney?" Dunno you started it. ;)

That's nothing I've got double jointed fingers on my right hand. I can instantly disgust an entire pub by bending my fingers back to such an extent that the tips point vertically downwards towards my wrist. Don't think it really counts as a disability, maybe a deformity or perhaps just a grossity ?

gcol said:
post a pic eddie and you can offend even more people - plus it's nearly tea time!

I'll try but I'm on my own this evening, and I need assistance with the photo, plus I'll have to explain to the wife, Hmmmm. I'll have to limber up as well I'm not a flexible as I used to be, last time I tried it I nearly ripped my fingers off !

I suffer with insomnia, tried everything..ended up going to the docs and he told me it was nothing to worry about and not lose any sleep over.

Zampa said:
I suffer with insomnia, tried everything..ended up going to the docs and he told me it was nothing to worry about and not lose any sleep over.

:rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL:

Eddie M said:
gcol said:
post a pic eddie and you can offend even more people - plus it's nearly tea time!

I'll try but I'm on my own this evening, and I need assistance with the photo, plus I'll have to explain to the wife, Hmmmm. I'll have to limber up as well I'm not a flexible as I used to be, last time I tried it I nearly ripped my fingers off !

Wife, assistance, limbering up...

Just remember this is a family forum!

securespark said:
Eddie M said:
gcol said:

Wife, assistance, limbering up...

Just remember this is a family forum!

Is it Christmas already?

Sponsored Links
Back