monobloc kitchen sink tap with filter tap dripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,
I have the as title tap fitted and it drips on the filter tap unless you can turn it a little bit more which my wife has trouble with so i was wondering if there is anything i can do to improve it.
i have took the knob off and underneath it there is a one piece nut and washer so do i just tighten this up or will it need a wash replacing the tap is only a few months old.

DSCF0818.jpg

DSCF0817.jpg

All help appreciated cheers

Sponsored Links
Turn the water off, then undo the brass hexagon.....best to post a pic of the tap insert, which maybe ceramic (1/4 turn) or rubber washer (several turns). You can always pop it back in after, and no harm done.
There's nothing to be tightened up here.
John :)

What make is it. Some good tap manufacturers will send someone to fix it for you if still under guarantee.

Fitted a Bristan monobloc for a customer, and it was faulty. They sent one of their people to fix it. Save me the job of removing and re-installing the thing!

i cant remember who it was made by i shall have to find out but here is a pic of what inside
DSCF0821.jpg

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Thats a perfectly standard rubber washered tap insert - so replace the washer and try again.
Sheds like B&Q sell the complete insert, if it leaks along its shaft, but take the old one with you to match up.
Either way, turn the insert 'on' before you screw it back in.
John :)

cool thanks for that i might have some tap washer some where.
Just bloody gone a snap the single bolt thats made out of cheao copper need to extract that, also want to get some copper tails to help stop the tap working loose,do you know anywhere that sells them?
Cheers for all the help :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back