Monoblock tap replacement - pipe issues.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I need to replace my current monoblock tap with a new one. I really don't want to change the pipes underneath to the new flexi hose ones, I want to keep the solid copper ones that I currently have. The piping underneath the sink is a labyrinth, and not a straight forward swap. So, how do the current copper ones fit into the block? All the videos I can find are of new flexi hoses being screwed into the monoblock. Will I have to take out / release both ends of the current solid copper pipes so I can unscrew them from the current block? Or are they some sort of push fit?

All totally new to me and I'm just asking the questions before I start dismantling anything.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The copper tails would normally screw into the bottom of the tap. You would need to release them from the supply pipework and then unscrew. You then need to be careful if you want to re-use them as the o-rings may need replaced and you'll need to ensure they are the correct size (M10 or M12) for the new tap. You won't know any of that until you take the old ones out.

Think I'm gonna need a plumber then. Those copper tails have several other pipes coming off them :((n)

Thanks for the reply and the insight, really appreciated (y)

Sponsored Links
Those copper tails have several other pipes coming off them
That won't be copper tails then, that'll be copper supply pipes that may run up to where the tap tails are. The copper tails for the tap will connect to the supply pipework either through a soldered connection or compression/pushfit. After that last connection the pipe will start to narrow up to the base of the tap, therefore there wouldn't be anything else tee'd off it.

th

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back