Montpelier CT4 Ceramic Hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was wondering if anyone can help me out .
Im am trying to install the above mentioned hob. I have managed to fit in a samsung dual oven with no problem at all. But the hob is proving a little bit difficult. Right now the hob works but just the front 2 plates work. What i dont get is there is L1 L2 e N1 N2.

I have a 6mm wire coming straight from the cooker switch 30amp. Which has the oven wired in already and works brilliantly.
For the hob i have the brown going into L1 green in earth and blue going jnto N1.
Can i just jump the L1 to L2 and N1 to N2 any advise on how to would be brilliant. Including what would i require if anything ?

Sponsored Links
Often this hobs are designed for both a two phase or single phase supply.
The manufacturer's instruction should offer guidance on this.
There is often a link to connect across the phases supplied with the appliance.

Often this hobs are designed for both a two phase or single phase supply.
The manufacturer's instruction should offer guidance on this.
There is often a link to connect across the phases supplied with the appliance.

Thanks but there is norhing in the instruction to show how it should be fitted. My understating is split tge 6mm wire an wire it up as if i was wiring a single/simple circuit
Ive eveb bridged tge connection i.e put in a bridge strip from n1 into n2 and l1 into l2 still no joy. Ive had the hob replaced as well so cant be the hob

Sponsored Links
Sometimes the wiring diagram is printed/labeled on the appliance near the electric connection. Just check for links, if not in the box, look around the terminals sometime they are actual left in the terminal points but not connected/tightened up.
Isolate prior to poking about.

But in a nutshell, a link across L1 and L2, then a Link across N1 and N2, would normally be required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back