MOOVING A RADIATOR FOR NOOBS.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys. i'm not a plumber but can connect pipework etc. But could you just advise on the considerations for moving a small radiator about 1m on to a wall at 90 degrees to the current location in the bathroom. I.e. Do I need to drain off the system? if so, the whole system? How do I re-fill? Do I need to put any rust inhibitor etc in the system when i do refill? If so, how is this achieved etc. I have a British Gas combi Boiler RD 5321 placed downstairs. Any advice apriciated.

Alex

Sponsored Links
Drain down entire system, move and re-plumb rad, when filling add new inhibitor.

I think gas4you also meant to tell you that you re-fill using the filling loop. ;)

Sponsored Links
Oh come on lads be brave don`t bother draining down , turn off boiler isolating valves reposition rad and connect each pipe one at a time. No need to drain, no need for more inhibitor.

Softus said:
I think gas4you also meant to tell you that you re-fill using the filling loop. ;)

This jerk meant to to tell you that he is no heating engineer. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back