Moving radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to move an upstairs radiator about 1m on to a wall at 90 degrees to the current location. Is this possible without draining the system?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Have managed this on several occasions using a bung kit, but you need a system with a header tank.

Cheers Bahco. I was rather hoping for an explanation of how to do it without draining!!!
Unfortunately I do not have a header tank (just a combi downstairs), so I guess the bung (whatever that is) is out of the question?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
...ok, so by isolating the flow/return, there should be minimal dumping of water when I disconnect the rad?

shut the flow / return.
shut your rad vaves both ends, drain rad and remove.
then when working on pipes put a bowl under one rad valve and open, when a vacuum has been made the water will stop flowing then you can remove the valve and alter the pipe.
only work on one pipe at a time.

Thanks Hi-spec. I'll give it a go on Saturday. I plan to use the self-solder joints to extend the 15mm pipes. Presumably they work OK?

I'd recommend using a compression fitting to connect to the old pipe. Any water around and you'll have trouble soldering.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back