More bondage (for the 2391)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm troubled.

A Supplementary ermm.. bonding conductor. (The conductor used to connect extraneous to extraneous or extraneous to exposed conductive parts to together) Is it now known as:

a) Supplementary equipotential bonding conductor (as stated on p26 of the 2391-10 Guidance handbook)
b) Supplementary bonding conductor (as stated in OSG p30 Table 4.3)
c) Supplementary equipotential bonding (as stated in OSG p.30 and BS7671:2008, Reg:415.2, p59)

I know that the chief examiner requires a true definition but I am a little perplexed.

Sponsored Links
Look at page 32, diagram 2.1, item 4 on the key below the diagram.

The correct term is "supplementary protective bonding conductor".

It is an equipotential bonding conductor, but its name is as above.

Not confusing when you know where to look.

Ignore the crap given to you by that idiot Dingbat, if you want to know about bonding I suggest you refer to the esteemed Mr Cockburn's fine publication on the subject.

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
The definitions don't list "supplementary" with regard to earthing, bonding or whatever .
Class II equipment
Double insulation
Reinforced insulation
Supplementary insulation
All use the word "supplementary" in the definitions of BS7671:2008. I would also consider Fig 2.1 to be part of definitions?
All refer to "Supplementary equipotential bonding" this is not like you your normally spot on. I must admit I do find the wording a problem knowing what is needed is easy bit it's the wording that causes the problem and I still think Skilled and Competent are wrong way around. One wonders if we all need to train as lawyers? My books except for big red are all well out of date so I will refrain from answering as likely they have changed the wording yet again?

It seems nothing to do with Electrics any more so I would advise you ask your Lecture as they tend to get feed back and are in general much better informed than us.

... I would advise you ask your Lecture as they tend to get feed back and are in general much better informed than us.

You'd like to think so, wouldn't you?

We regularly train lecturers and while some are good, some are no more clued up than the average spark.

The big red book is turning into something like chairman mou's wee red book, full of doctrine pretending to be dogma
DM

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back