More censorship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
TTC gave incorrect information in the thread:

"Transformer change in ceiling appliance"

He claimed that lamp bases were (commonly) called MR16. They are not, MR16 is not a base. All he had to do was say what they were namely GU5.3.

I replied with the correct information and it was deleted. Why? Why was not the incorrect information deleted?

Sponsored Links
You know why.
It is because I pre-empted your pedantry by warning that someone (like you) should not confuse the thread by wittering on about MR, 16, 5.3 , the price of fish, and which way is up. But, as usual you just pressed on and did exactly what I warned about. Just dangle the bait and up he comes.

That, I expect is why the moderator deleted your post. That is why the moderator is on your back. You do not help anybody.
All you do is keep on an on, trying to play the big know-it-all when all that happens is that (the regulars) get fed up with you again.
And the OPs get confused with not knowing if your input is helpful or not and usually give up.

Also, do not think that I had anything to do with your input being deleted. I have just returned from enjoying a few VE Day gargles, so it was somebody else that (probably) reported your input. Or maybe the MODs are checking all of your posts.......

Paranoia strikes.....:D

Funnily enough, as a user I have heard of MR16 in terms of lamps and would apply it to the bases to ensure I get the right one to fit the MR16 lamp.
I have never heard of (or taken notice of) GU5.3 lamp bases but see that when I search at screwfix for MR16 downlighter gu5.3 ones do indeed come up, so it seems that even they are aware that it could be a commonly used term even if not technically correct.

You were deliberately provocative. All you had to say was that the bases were GU5.3. Why did you go on about some people calling them something that they are not and go on about someone else correcting you?

And why was I censored and not you who have caused all this?

Sponsored Links
Funnily enough, as a user I have heard of MR16 in terms of lamps and would apply it to the bases to ensure I get the right one to fit the MR16 lamp.
Then you would be wrong. MR16 is the size of the lamp. MR16 lamps come in GU10, GU5.3, ES , BC, SES, SBC to name a few.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back