More Eurobans on the way ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Telegraph :- http://tinyurl.com/kjc2g4y
Heading :-
EU to ban high-energy hair dryers, smartphones and kettles
European Union to ban dozens of high-wattage household electrical appliances in follow-up to controversial ban on powerful vacuum cleaners...

As opposed to more sober first paragraph :-
...A study ordered by the European Commission, currently in draft form, has identified up to 30 electrical appliances including lawn mowers, smart phones and kettles that could be covered by the EU's Ecodesign directive outlawing high-wattage devices...

Hmmm, wonder if the Telegraph peeps have correctly evaluated the draft report? 269 pages of it ! :D

Draft Task 3 Report from Deloitte
http://tinyurl.com/ovx4et4

-0-

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
I'm finding it hard to care.

What difference will it make to my life, other than having to hear old men whine about the EU, and incandescents.

Sponsored Links
For one, kettles will make no difference to the consumption of energy.

As the hairdresser (in the link) argued about his driers, it will just take longer.

Now, if the EU can lower the boiling point of water without it affecting the tea...

Draft Task 3 Report from Deloitte
http://tinyurl.com/ovx4et4

All those 'experts' and apparently none of them aware that lower power for longer time equates to higher power for shorter time.

Personally, I heartily sick of these bureaucrats removing my freedom to do what I think best for absolutely no real reason.

UKIP.

For one, kettles will make no difference to the consumption of energy.

As the hairdresser (in the link) argued about his driers, it will just take longer.

Now, if the EU can lower the boiling point of water without it affecting the tea...

For me it's more about the principle of it all; who elected these people to make these decisions? What gives them the right to say how much energy our appliances can use, or what light build I can use, or how many emissions my car emits, etc.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
How many years have we been building houses using tiles? Is it not time they used solar panels made to measure and do away with tiles completely..

How many years have we been building houses using tiles? Is it not time they used solar panels made to measure and do away with tiles completely..

Is it really worth the expense in this country, especially Manchester where the sun rarely shines? :LOL:

Is it really worth the expense in this country, especially Manchester where the sun rarely shines? :LOL:

Manchester? Where's that? Is it north of Gloucester?

I hear that the latest incarnation of solar panels do not rely on direct sunlight, so I should imagine with a little more development they will produce energy from moonlight..

Manchester? Where's that? Is it north of Gloucester?

Yes. In foreign parts.

We only have daylight from May to September.

Sponsored Links
Back