More Firefox 3.0.10

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is anyone else having any problems with the most recent update on Firefox?

First of all, I found that I couldn't access some sites that required Flash - told me I needed Flash 9 or higher. I had Flash 10 installed.

Then I couldn't upload any photos to photobucket - kept getting an error message.

So I uninstalled Flash and reinstalled it - that seems to have (so far) sorted out the issue with Photobucket

But, I'm finding that my search box freezes up on me for a few moments when I go to search - it's Yahoo toolbar I use. I'm not getting my mail notifiers either.

Just wondered if anyone else was having a problem and/or anyone knew how to fix it.

Sponsored Links
I'm on 3.0.10 too, and am not impressed. I get loads of random freezes, especially on sites that are a bit slow - Firefox just presents me with a blank page and won't let me back out, freezing if I get a bit insistent. The only reason I persevere with it is because I like the greasemonkey, WOT, adblock plus, no script and the download helper plugins.

You could try running it for a while with all your plugins disabled - it didn't help me, but it is an obvious place to start. You might have a problem with one of them.

Sponsored Links
I run it on Vista and have had no problems, as yet!.

I just wondered if it was operating system related :confused:

I'm also on XP SP3. Maybe it is OS related, but I gather that loads of people don't get this problem, although some do, so it's hard to definitively make the link...

I've been hunting around to see if I can find anything about it and it seems that some people have no bother and others are having similar or worse problems.

There's lots of suggestions going about but somebody thought it might be to do with the Flash 10 plugin.

I'll maybe try uninstalling that and going back to Flash 9 or even 8 and see if that sorts it.

I hope it does cos I like FF.

Alison,
I have Shockwave Flash 10.0r22 and with XP Pro SP3.
The FF v 3.0.10 is fine on my PC.
dave

I too have all the latest Flash player and other add ons as well, still no problems :confused:

It could be an incompatible extension causing of the problem. Starting up Firefox in Firefox's Safe Mode would be a good thing to try. This opens the browser with themes and extensions (not plugins) disabled. If all is well while running like this, you'll know where to look.

If that doesn't help, try creating another additional Firefox Profile and run with that for a while. If that stops the problem, consider keeping it and building it to requirements. Import the bookmarks from the original Profile.

It's always best to back up bookmarks before working with the Profile, just in case they get lost somehow.

I uninstalled FF and reinstalled it going back to version 3.0.1 and it was deathly slow and still giving problems, so I uninstalled Adobe Flash 10 altogether and everything seems to be working fine - in fact Photobucket is working better than it ever has done - there's things available in it that I didn't even know existed!!

I don't know if I'm going to come across sites that are gonna tell me that I need Flash - that's gonna be a problem if I do - but it looks like it was Flash 10 that was the problem.

I've been trying to find an old version 9 or even 8 but I can't find it anywhere, but I'll keep looking.

It's a strange problem - most folk aren't experiencing it, but some folk are. I read a reply on a forum (don't know what it was it just came up in the answers to my search) that it could be the PSU that's the problem - sounds a bit extreme but you never know.........................

But if anyone out there has a copy of Flash 9 could they let me know where they got it??

Quick update: I'm back to Firefox 3.0.10 but I uninstalled Adobe Flash 10 and installed version 9 (many thanks dave.m for the links) and so far so good - everything seems to be working fine.

Glad you are sorted, (sort of).

The problem has got to be deeper than just Flash 10 not 'playing' with Firefox, because they work together for me. As all other suggestions failed to cure the problem then just stay with it for now and see haow you get on when the next updates comes along.

Don't try the Beta version yet because there are some Addons that don't work and it could exasperate the Flash problem on your machine.

dave

Sponsored Links
Back