More flow needed to get hot water from combi boiler

great - I will try swapping CH and DHW thermistors. If the DHW works then bingo....will get another and fit.
If not, I will check out the diverter valve pin and diaphragm. Am I able to unscrew the top of the valve and remove to gain access to the diaphragm in situ? (I assume water will be under pressure, so I will have to drain the system)
Does anyone know where to get parts (Leamington, Warwick etc) or would I have to order on tinternet?
thanks again for your help.... i feel like i've saved money already even though I still have the problem.

thanks Howie

Sponsored Links
No no no
Get the manual first!!
LOOK AT the top of the diverter while turning water off and on - it's all visible and about 50 times more likely to be the problem than thermistors.
If not that then swap the LEADS on the thermistors just to see if it changes.
Then google Boiler Spares

could have fixed it by now!

msp said:
Theres a HRPC Shop in your area. They will carry all the parts.

No there is not!

The nearest spares was a T&T in Cov but they even closed that.

Check the diverter valve pin before doing anything else.

The place behind the Christian Bookshop on Radford Road will probably be able to order it for you if they dont have one in stock. Bit pricey though!

Tony

Sponsored Links
It was the diverter valve diaphragm as suggested, and easy to spot from the limp movement of the pin when DHW called for.... although I couldnt see any holes as such, it was quite perished and worn looking. I managed to get the last one on the shelf in spa heating (parts centre on tachbrook couldnt help). It was installed no worries in situ, and can now have a shower.
Thanks for all your help. If I ever see any of you in castle balti, I will buy you a poppadom! cheers Howie

ChrisR said:
There's one just off Tatchbrook Rd ;)
PARTS CENTER
HCS - WOLSELEY UK LTD
WOLSELEY NDC
HARRISON WAY
ROYAL LEAMINGTON SPA
CV31 3HH
01795 413902
http://www.partscenter.co.uk/hrpc/index.html[/QUOTE]

Something wrong with that Chris!

Leamington dial code is 01926 !!! That 01795 code is for Kent and the managers name also ties up with their Kent branch.

The physical address seem to be their HQ which is in a lovely high-tech building where even junior employees wear ties!

There is a Parts Center now listed in Cov though. I guess its really the Plumb Centre which is conveniently opposite the BSS branch so price comparisoms are easy. It did not have a Parts Centre there last time I visited them but that may have been over a year ago.

Howie, so that you can recognise me at the Castle Balti you can see me mending the boiler at:-

http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/

Tony

That must have been a while ago Tony - surprised it isn't sepia....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back