More nonsense from the NIMBYs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
These people are opposing fracking in their area.
They and their ilk also oppose nuclear power, wind-turbines on- and offshore, clean coal energy etc.
It displays an almost childish ignorance of where our electric power actually comes from.
Perhaps if the authorities took protestors names and addresses, they could be earmarked as the first to be subject to the brownouts/blackouts that we will be having in the near future.

Sponsored Links
most left wing protestors seem to be hypocrites, animal rights protestors against medical testing but happy to use insulin extracted from pigs to manage their diabetes.

in the example you gave if you went to their homes I would bet you'd find lots of electronics, most of it on standby or left on, and a couple of cars.

protesting is just a way of life for them, the cause is irrelevant, however silly it may be.

Perhaps they live somewhere nice, and don't mind other people having power stations nearby.

It would have been horrible for people who lived near to huge chimneys and cooling towers.

Sponsored Links
What worries me about fracking is not the drilling or act of cracking surrounding rock. After all mining leaves behind large voids and extracting oil or gas changes the structure of the ground, it's the chemicals the pump in, we are told they are toxic but information is rather vauge from those who advocate it as to exactly what they are.

Pumping poison into the ground, now does that seem a good idea?

Whilst I agree the report is American,

France, Germany, Bulgaria, Ireland have banned Fracking.
There are also several other Countries where Fracking is banned in certain Areas, states.

So who is prepared to stand up and say that there is absolutely no problem to the environment with it at the moment.

cajar has it right - many of these people will protest about anything and just regard these demonstrations as an excuse for a fun get-together.

But no-one seems to explain just how we are going to produce power. They don't want us to mine coal; North Sea gas is running down; they don't want nuclear; pretty villages in the heartlands don't want turbines; marine biologists don't want off-shore turbines - just where do we go from here?

just where do we go from here?

The Green Brigade will only be happy when we're sat in the dark, night after night, reading books by candlelight... No tv, no internet, no radio, no hot meals to come home to, no pub to go to, no cars to drive. Yeah, I hope they're f*****g happy when the lights go out nationwide. ;) ;) ;)

I've got my own generator. :mrgreen:
Two 13 amp plugs on the end of a flying lead and just plug it in. :LOL:

They just commissioned another anerobic digestor round my way here in the province.
We'll be helping with the construction of one later this year if all goes well and the price is right.
So at least we'll have electric.

I can give them silage in return for power.
City folk can mow the lawns and have 5 minutes worth of light per week.
Tough for those who concreteted their lawns over. :LOL: :LOL:

I've got my own generator. :mrgreen:
Two 13 amp plugs on the end of a flying lead and just plug it in.

Hmmmm and what ya gonna do when the green brigade ban petrol? Ooooh I know,,, Sit in the dark, reading a paperback book on saving energy. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Whilst I agree the report is American,

France, Germany, Bulgaria, Ireland have banned Fracking.
There are also several other Countries where Fracking is banned in certain Areas, states.

And some countries have banned Marmite, should we take this as proof Marmite is a hazard to the environment?

If you believe those bans happened due to scientific and not political reasons, I have a bridge to sell you.

Most people are reactionary, they get fed stuff like gasland, and go rushing to man the protests before they actually read this stuff up and realise it's another crook of a documentary.

Sponsored Links