More nonsense from the NIMBYs

Frackers conveniently refuse to disclose which chemicals they use in their fracking mix, so when local citizens and animals are poisoned its impossible to trace it back to the frackers. So they continue to wreak havoc and their reputation is protected to a degree.
I'd have the shotgun out if frackers came near my lands.

What does hydrofracking mean for farmers and our food system?

Well in short: it ain’t good!

Sponsored Links
Er... This could be merged with another active thread - someone :rolleyes:

Some of the chemicals used...

Manoethanolamine
Ethylhevarol
Formaldehyde
Clutaralehyde
Boric acid
Ethame -1,2,Diol
Ethylene Glycol
Dazomet
Acetanhydride
Isopropanol
Proparyl
5 Chloro-2methyl-4 -isothiazotin -3-one
Sodium Bicarbonate

About 75000 gallons worth of "pure" chemicals per well which eventually leeches out to the environment.

Not to mention the uranium, radon, radium which leeches from the fracked rock for decades to come.

Those in favour of fracking should have these chemicals dumped at their front doors.

Sponsored Links

Manoethanolamine
Ethylhevarol
Formaldehyde
Clutaralehyde
Boric acid
Ethame -1,2,Diol
Ethylene Glycol
Dazomet
Acetanhydride
Isopropanol
Proparyl
Sodium Bicarbonate

About 75000 gallons worth of "pure" chemicals per well which eventually leeches out to the environment.

Not to mention the uranium, radon, radium which leeches from the fracked rock for decades to come.

Those in favour of fracking should have these chemicals dumped at their front doors.

Well, what's your suggestion for producing electric power then? Waterwheels??

just where do we go from here?

The Green Brigade will only be happy when we're sat in the dark, night after night, reading books by candlelight... No tv, no internet, no radio, no hot meals to come home to, no pub to go to, no cars to drive. Yeah, I hope they're f*****g happy when the lights go out nationwide. ;) ;) ;)

What I cannot understand is why anyone with an ounce of common sense even listens to these naive people.

Frackers conveniently refuse to disclose which chemicals they use in their fracking mix, so when local citizens and animals are poisoned its impossible to trace it back to the frackers.

Have there been any substantiated reports of such poisoning?

Manoethanolamine
Ethylhevarol
Formaldehyde
Clutaralehyde
Boric acid
Ethame -1,2,Diol
Ethylene Glycol
Dazomet
Acetanhydride
Isopropanol
Proparyl
Sodium Bicarbonate

bloody hell, last time I eat marmite

SHHHHHhhhhhh, you are supposed to just read the list of scary chemicals and have a knee jerk reaction, *stop thinking*!.

What about these chemicals

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/26/more-than-half-us-rivers-unable-to-sustain-life-epa-says/

Clearly farming is bad for the enviroment, we should start dumping their pollution on their doorsteps!

That is a American News Item,
(Fox :rolleyes: )

We have strict regulations regarding River Pollution in this Country,

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/news/149380.aspx

SHHHHHhhhhhh, you are supposed to just read the list of scary chemicals and have a knee jerk reaction, *stop thinking*!.

What about these chemicals

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/26/more-than-half-us-rivers-unable-to-sustain-life-epa-says/

Clearly farming is bad for the enviroment, we should start dumping their pollution on their doorsteps!

That is a American News Item,
(Fox :rolleyes: )

We have strict regulations regarding River Pollution in this Country,

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/news/149380.aspx

Would those be the same geniuses that stopped the dredging in somerset rivers by any chance ?

Am I incorrect in saying that blackpool and the west coast suffered earth tremors when exploratory fracking was tried a short while ago ?

We need power for sure but pumping chemicals undergroud, how can anyone think its ok and wont have repercussions.

Am I incorrect in saying that blackpool and the west coast suffered earth tremors when exploratory fracking was tried a short while ago ?

That's true but can they really be sure that the earth tremors were actually caused by the fracking?
Blackpool's just a hole anyway - and we need that gas.

http://www1.gly.bris.ac.uk/~JamesVerdon/PDFS/Glastonbury_talk.pdf

I haven't looked into whether the author is in the pay of the frackers.

Slide 18 is interesting - even if shale fluid could penetrate impermeable rock (if it was permeable, they wouldn't need to fracture it / the gas would have long gone anyway), I'd say that you would be far more likely to find that lot in the water table, after it having leached out of landfill.

Sponsored Links