Mosaic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know a good supplier of mosaic tiles (not nat. stone)

I want Bisazza quaity and ranges but not their prices

Sponsored Links
Helloooo, is there anybody in there....just shout if you can hear me, is there anyone at home......

Name the track, then advise on mosaics. ;)

Just had a ridiculous thought.

Instead of paying £350 per sq/metre for Bisazza tiles, how about using marbles?

Trowel the wall up, possibly using a mosaic trowel, maybe increase it to a 6mm trowel depending on marble size, figure out a good way to efficiently apply the marbles to the adhesive, obviously popping each marble on one by one would be painful at best. Bed in using a mosaic beater.

Doesn't have to be done uniformly like any sort of right angled tile does.

Grout in normal way

Obviously you wouldn't want to do a complete Bathroom in these tiles, just a feature wall, and you would really struggle to fix anything to that wall

Just had a ridiculous thought.

Instead of paying £350 per sq/metre for Bisazza tiles, how about using marbles?

Trowel the wall up, possibly using a mosaic trowel, maybe increase it to a 6mm trowel depending on marble size, figure out a good way to efficiently apply the marbles to the adhesive, obviously popping each marble on one by one would be painful at best. Bed in using a mosaic beater.

Doesn't have to be done uniformly like any sort of right angled tile does.

Grout in normal way

Obviously you wouldn't want to do a complete Bathroom in these tiles, just a feature wall, and you would really struggle to fix anything to that wall

Nice idea,could be effective !
Had a similar idea for part of my patio outside.......
We make regular trips to the in laws caravan at filey.....
Is it illegal to take pebbles off the beach ?
Was thinking of doing a pebble mosaic outside,without having to buy expensive pebble mosaics

Sponsored Links

im sure if you were there with a shovel and filling your car boot up someone might object :LOL:

Yeah, another good idea, those pebble mosaics are pretty damn expensive!!

Been looking into this a bit further:-

http://www.megaglass.com/c/small-glass-orbs.html

Anyone fancy calculating how many I need per square metre? then feel free to post it, I reckon it'll work out expensive!

Think they would work out more expensive than other options,would look good though

im sure if you were there with a shovel and filling your car boot up someone might object :LOL:

Ha ha
might have to be crafty & make numerous trips"to buy an ice cream" whilst carrying a picnic basket full of pebbles !
Those white pebbles on the beach would look fantastic on a patio !

Have you seen 'the shawshank redemption' ?? :LOL:

Yep, gonna be costly using marblems, epic effect though, might suggest it when I don't have to pay for it.

Well, there are many mosaic suppliers out there, the vast majority are in China, where you buy direct from the factory. I found this site where you can buy from them, minumum order is often 30 metres though so I won't be using anyone on this occasion, quite often the min order is 500 metres!!! some of the sellers have the option to view their factory, pretty impressive I have to say

Some amazing tiles though, no prices listed but i bet thet are incredibly cheap compared to the £10 a sheet we pay over here

http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?SearchText=mosaic&Country=&CatId=1316&IndexArea=product_en&ssk=y

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back