Mosquitoes in Well

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I use well water for watering the garden. At the moment I don't have a pump so it is the traditional bucket on a chain arrangement. I was drawing water this way yesterday evening to do some watering and hundreds of mosquitoes came up with the bucket each time. I'm wondering if there is some kind of pesticide I can put in the well water to kill the larvae?

Sponsored Links
I use well water for watering the garden. At the moment I don't have a pump so it is the traditional bucket on a chain arrangement. I was drawing water this way yesterday evening to do some watering and hundreds of mosquitoes came up with the bucket each time. I'm wondering if there is some kind of pesticide I can put in the well water to kill the larvae?

Hi, a simple way to get rid is to add a detergent to the water. This will reduce the surface tension of the water, and the lavae will drown. Something as simple as a couple of good squirts of washing up liquid should suffice. This will also mean that the water isnt poisoned by pesticide. (although it will taste of washing up liquid!)

or add goldfish, they will eat the larvae, no chemicals required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back