Pump for well

Sponsored Links
Yes it will work provided you use the right type of pump. It will need to be a positive displacement pump in order to create enough vacuum to suck water up the pipe from the well. The maximum height that a suction pump can lift is in theory 10 metres ( atmospheric pressure on the water in the well and a total vacuum in the pipe) but in practise the maximum height is less as a total vacuum on a dry pump is very difficult to achieve.

A foot valve ( one way valve ) at the bottom of the pipe enables the pump to be primed with water ( from a bucket ) before starting so the pump does not run dry.
You forgot to mention the need for a PRV. :)

Sponsored Links
Can being the word, back in the real world however ……….
the hose slips off the connector.

But yes to make the perfect belt and braces and string support then a pressure sensor to cut the power to the pump would be a sensible addition.

I think in this thread we should let Just Pumps have the last word, going by his user name he would have the best opinion.

Andy

I think in this thread we should let Just Pumps have the last word, going by his user name he would have the best opinion.

Andy
Thanks for the vote of confidence Andy but even an old timer like me doesn`t know it all.
PS. More to me than pumps alone ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back