Moss on new Tarmac

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please recommend a good moss remover for a Tarmac driveway that won't damage the Tarmac in any way. The Tarmac is very new and still lovely and black but starting to get moss growing on it. I want to nip this in the bud but I am worried about damaging the Tarmac with a pressure washer so want to use a moss removal product , however don't want it leaving any residue or discolouring it. There appears to be a lot of products on the market for moss removal on patios / hard surfaces etc but have yet to find one that has a good review for use on new Tarmac.

Sponsored Links
Your right to use a moss killer product, I often use MMC Pro. You MUST avoid any product with iron sulphate in it as it will stain it, iron products are for killing moss on grass..

Dont pressure wash unless you absolutely must, it you will open the surface and gradually degrade the surface. Not noticably, but over the long term it will shorten its life.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back