Moss and weeds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Most of my 'garden' is tarmac - which generally suits me fine - I'm not an enthusiastic gardener.

However, I've twoproblems - one of which is the side and back of the house which are fairly shaded and also don't get walked on much, are absolutely covered in deep moss after one year - in this weather (Winter) it's like walking on mulch. I've tried various treatments over the summer to try and contain/kill it - but nothing seemed to make much of a dent - is there anything really good for putting on it that'll really nuke it and prevent build up?

Similarly - I've a lot of weeds growing in the cracks between the tarmac and the house walls - while I can kill them fairly easily and there's no danger of using agressive weedkiller or chemicals in that location - is there something I can do to the area to prevent new growth at all? Can I use something to seal the cracks where the weeds are growing? Cement, or some sort of tar/sealant?

Thanks
Dave

Sponsored Links
Simple salt mate and it's fairly natural which is better for the environment...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back